Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- 1/4 cup BBQ seasoning
- 1.5 cups BBQ sauce
- Preheat your smoker to 300 degrees Fahrenheit with your favorite smoking wood.
- In a large bowl toss your chicken wings with 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ seasoning.
- When smoker is ready lay wings down in one even layer 1″ apart from each other, and smoke for 1 hour.
- When one hour has passed flip the wings over and smoke for an hour longer. They should be forming a nice firm skin at this point.
- When the second hour of smoking is up ensure your chicken has reached 165. Crank the heat of your smoker up to 450 and generously brush both sides of your wings with your chosen BBQ sauce.
- Smoke at 450 for 10 minutes.
- Flip wings, and brush with BBQ sauce again, smoke for 10 minutes longer or until a nice glaze has formed over the wings. They should be lightly sticky, but not wet with sauce.
- Allow wings to cool slightly and serve! Enjoy with your favorite wing sauce or as is!
I used a pellet smoker with the Trager blend of pellets. If you’re not using an electric smoker be mindful of the heat as not to burn the glaze.
Also I know as a proud Texan I should have my own BBQ rub recipe, but I have tried and tried and TRIED and nothing comes close to the recipe I have linked in the ingredients! It’s legit, and literally the best rub I’ve ever put in my mouth so….why mess with perfection?