While allowing the blended rice time to set overnight produces a better flavor. It isn’t a must if you’re pressed for time. The blended rice really only needs 2 to 3 hours to give a nice flavor. Just let it sit for as long as your can before you need to move to the next step.
- 2.5 Cups jasmine rice
- 6 Cups water
- 1 Cup half and half
- 1 Cup whole milk
- 2 Cinnamon sticks
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/16 tsp ground clove
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add rice, water, cinnamon sticks, vanilla, sugar, nutmeg, cloves, and ground cinnamon to blender.
- Blend all ingredients until rice is broken into small pieces. The rice should look fine, like micro beads.
- Allow to sit covered in the blender at room temperature overnight. In the morning blend again, and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a pitcher.
- Add the half and half, and milk to the rice water, and stir.
- Taste for sweetness and spices and adjust as desired.
- Enjoy over ice, and think about sweet sweet Texas.
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut