Serves: 8 Time: 20 minutes
- 1 12oz box dried pasta. (I used Barilla gluten free elbows)
- 15 oz mayo of your choice. NOT MIRACLE WHIP
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz carrots
- 4 stalk celery
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1 cup coconut vinegar (divided)
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Prepare your dried pasta to your packages directions.
- When pasta is ready, strain it and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- While the pasta is still warm pour over 1/2 cup of the coconut vinegar, and stir until all the pasta is coated.
- While the pasta is busy absorbing the vinegar finely chop your carrots, onion, and celery. Really this doesn’t have to be minced, it’s just what I like. You know what size vegetables you like. You do you boo.
- In a separate bowl mix together the minced vegetables, mayo, sour cream, salt, coconut sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper.
- Once those have been mixed add the remaining 1/2 cup vinegar to your mayo mixture. If this seems like too much vinegar pour in two tablespoons at a time, mix, and taste until it’s to your liking! I like it with a tang!
- Now that the pasta has cooled slightly. Pour the mayo mixture over the pasta and stir well. Refrigerate immediately and enjoy!
Notes: Usually I’m all about ease of substitutions, but for this recipe the coconut sugar and vinegar are a must. They lend a unique taste that can’t quite be mimicked.