Usually I’m all about ease of substitutions, but for this recipe the coconut sugar and vinegar are a must. They lend a unique taste that can’t quite be mimicked.
- 1 12 oz box dried pasta (I used Barilla gluten free elbows)
- 15 oz mayo of your choice. NOT MIRACLE WHIP
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz carrots
- 4 ribs celery
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1 cup coconut vinegar (divided)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Prepare your dried pasta to your packages directions. When pasta is ready, strain it and place it in a large mixing bowl.
- While the pasta is still warm pour over 1/2 cup of the coconut vinegar, and stir until all the pasta is coated.
- While the pasta is busy absorbing the vinegar finely chop your carrots, onion, and celery. Really this doesn’t have to be minced, it’s just what I like. You know what size vegetables you like. You do you boo!
- In a separate bowl mix together the minced vegetables, mayo, sour cream, salt, coconut sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper.
- Once those have been mixed add the remaining 1/2 cup vinegar to your mayo mixture. If this seems like too much vinegar for your tastes pour in two tablespoons at a time, mix, and taste until it’s to your liking! I like it with a tang!
- Now that the pasta has cooled slightly. Pour the mayo mixture over the pasta and stir well. Refrigerate immediately and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut