These chocolate peanut butter balls go by many names: Buckeyes, bon bons, peanut butter truffles, etc. No matter what you call them they’re a chocolatey, crispy, and satisfying treat you’re sure to love!
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 4-6 cups powdered sugar
- 4 cups rice Chex (crushed)
- 16 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 bar edible paraffin wax
- Wax paper
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- In a large bowl crush up 4 cups of rice Chex.
- To the Chex add the peanut butter, melted butter, 2 cups of powdered sugar. This should be able to be formed into balls pretty easily with only minimal residue left on your hands. If its still sticky and unworkable add more powdered sugar until it's workable.
- When balls have been formed. Place them on a sheet tray lined with wax paper and pop those babies in the freezer for 2 hours. When frozen proceed to step 4.
- In a small sauce pan melt your chocolate chips and paraffin wax together.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate and coat. Fish them out of the melted chocolate with a fork, and place them back onto the wax paper.
- When all balls have been coated spoon a small amount of chocolate over the top for no other reason than doing it for the 'gram. Nothing conveys "I'm better than you and I know it" to all your friends than well decorated treats all over peoples feeds!
- Let the chocolate harden and become glossy.
- If there's any left at this point they can be kept in the fridge for storage. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut