Serves:8 Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 4 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 3 bunches green onions (trimmed of their roots)
- 1 large red onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1 Tbsp allspice
- 1.5 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 3 whole serrano peppers (or a whole scotch bonnet if you’re brave!!!)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp anise seeds
- 1/4 cup lime juice or coconut vinegar
- High powdered blender or food processor
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a blender or food processor combine: Green onion, red onion, garlic, avocado oil, cinnamon, clove, allspice, nutmeg, salt, black pepper, soy sauce, serrano peppers, thyme, fennel seed, anise seed, lime juice or vinegar. Blend until smooth, and leave it in the blender. Even if I said “place it in a bowl” you were going to do it anyway. I know it, you know it. Lets move along lol.
- Dice sweet potatoes into bite sized chunks.
- Slice bell peppers and the yellow onion.
- Pour sweet potatoes, peppers, and onion into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Take 1/2 cup of the jerk marinade and melt the butter into it. Then and coat your potato mixture with the jerk marinade butter mixture.
- Cover your baking dish with foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender. Enjoy!
- I also hate recipes that ask you to make a giant batch of a sauce you don’t use all of, but when I make these I also usually make jerk chicken sooooooo it gets used! If you don’t want a double dose of jerk it freezes super well.