We moved from the middle of nowhere to the middle of nowhere with a Target! Yay!
- 8 chicken breasts
- 3 bunches green onions (trimmed of their roots)
- 1 large red onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
- 1 Tbsp allspice
- 1.5 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup tamari
- 3 whole serrano peppers (or a whole scotch bonnet if you’re brave!!!)
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp anise seeds
- 1/4 cup lime juice or coconut vinegar
- In a blender or food processor combine: green onion, red onion, garlic, avocado oil, cinnamon, clove, allspice, nutmeg, salt, black pepper, tamari, serrano peppers, thyme, fennel seeds, anise seeds, lime juice or coconut vinegar.
- Alternatively: If you don’t have salt on hand your tears will do the trick.
- Place chicken breasts into whatever your preferred marination vessel is: a bowl, a bag etc.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken breasts and marinade for at least 2 hours, but up to overnight.
- When ready to cook heat your grill to high (around 450 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 7-10 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Think of tropical beaches, and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut