Servings: 4Pin it!
- 1.5 lbs pork loin
- 3 oz sliced prosciutto
- 1 gala apple
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 olive oil
- 3 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- In a blender combine all ingredients for pesto: 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup Parmesan, 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 5 cloves garlic, 3 Tbsp whole grain mustard. Blend.
- Heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a solid flat surface lay prosciutto slices flat and slightly overlapping so they will cover the entire length of your pork loin when wrapped.
- Lay the pork loin over and in the middle of the prosciutto, and coat the loin all over with your sage pesto.
- Peel your apple, and discard the peels. Or compost them or whatever; I’m not in charge of your life!
- When you’re done living your best eco friendly life- peel the flesh of the apple and lay thin slices of top of the pesto rubbed pork. I like to lay two layers of apple on the top.
- Slide your hands under both sides of the overlapping prosciutto slices. The prosciutto has a little bit of stretch so be gentle, but don’t fear it.
- Wrap your prosciutto around the pork loin so they form a seam where the ends meet. This is where you will sear your loin first.
- Heat a pan or flat skillet to medium high heat.
- When your pan or skillet is hot add your olive oil and sear the loin seam side down. Brown on all four sides. About 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- When done searing place your loin in a roasting pan or baking tray and roast for 30 minutes or until pork reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit this is the temperature I prefer my pork cooked to, but you can safely eat pork at 145 if you like a little pink to it. Allow pork to rest for 5 minutes and slice into medallions. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut