Let’s make use of what we can find on the shelves in the grocery store to make a warm and filling breakfast or side dish! I know eggs are becoming hard to come by at the store, so if you didn’t know-eggs last 4-5 weeks beyond their sell by date. Don’t be afraid of that date on the carton. Crack your eggs into a bowl and if they look weird or smell bad do not use them. Otherwise they should be good!
I used eggs for moisture in this recipe since GF goods are notoriously dry. They are entirely optional in the recipe, and could be substituted with 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or even a little water just to help hold it together. Olive oil would be too strong here.
- 2 cups gluten free Bisquick
- 2 eggs (optional *see notes)
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lb raw ground breakfast or Italian sausage
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixer or by hand. It’s tedious by hand so go the mixer route with the paddle attachment if you have one, or combine in a food processor.
- Roll into 30 balls. Roughly 1.5 Tbsp each.
- Bake on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 27 minutes or until sausage is cooked through, and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut