Servings: 8Pin it!
- 2 Tbsp bacon fat or oil/butter of your choice
- 3 lbs cubed beef (I used a rump roast, but use what you have!)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 bell peppers (sliced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (diced)
- 1 15 oz can Rotel or canned tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp montreal steak seasoning
- 1 Tbsp beef boullion
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp epazote
- 2 tsp Mexican oregano
- 1.5 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- In a large pan over medium-high heat add bacon fat, onion, jalapeno, and bell peppers. Cook until onions are brown and bell peppers have softened.
- When vegetables are ready remove them from the pan and add to the bottom of the Crock-Pot.
- Using the same pan return to medium-high heat add remaining bacon fat, cubed beef, and 1 tsp salt.
- Stir and brown on all sides. When your beef has browned add the minced garlic to the beef and continue to cook until garlic is fragrant. (1-2 minutes).
- When garlic is ready turn your pan to high heat and add 1 cup chicken broth to the pan making sure to scrape the bottom to pull up all of those delicious browned bits stuck to the bottom.
- Add your seasoned browned beef mixture to your Crock-Pot.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water, mix until smooth. Set aside.
- Add remaining ingredients; including cornstarch mixture to your crock-pot and stir well.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours covered or until beef is tender and a gravy has formed.
- Taste for flavor, and adjust as needed to your preference.
- Enjoy in tacos with lettuce and tomato, with rice and beans, or side dish of your choice!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut