Try this seasoning on a spinach salad for the experience of a lifetime. Ride that train all the way to flavor town, become the mayor, start a small family, own land there. You get the point. Go season everything!!!
- 5 oz kosher salt
- 1 bottle red wine (I prefer a Cabernet Sauvignon or merlot)
- 2 oz dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- In a skillet pour the entire bottle of wine, and turn heat to medium-low.
- Allow the wine to reduce down to 4 Tablespoons of liquid. This will take about 25-30 minutes.
- When the wine has reduced stir in the salt, transfer to a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a spice grinder, blender, food processor etc. add the dried mushrooms and thyme and blend into a fine powder.
- Mix your powdered mushrooms and thyme into your red wine salt.
- Spread the salt mixture onto a baking sheet and allow to dry overnight.
- The mushroom and thyme powder will likely settle to the bottom of the pan so give it a good mixing before storing long term.
- When salt has dried place your new seasoning into a bag or jar with a marshmallow to prevent moisture build up and clumping.
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut