For a frozen version of this drink blend together diced melon and 1 cup of water. Strain through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth. and blend the freshly strained juice with 3 cups of ice. Follow remaining instructions, but instead of stirring in the sugar you’ll need to blend the sugar with your frozen mixture in your blender as you taste for sweetness and lime.
For a boozy version of this drink try adding a shot of your favorite tequila, vodka or gin to each serving!
- 1 large cantaloupe (diced skin and seeds removed)
- 4 cups cold water or ice for a frozen version
- 2 limes juiced *optional
- 1 cup sugar *optional
- In a blender add the diced melon, cold water, and blend until smooth.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer or cheese cloth and into a pitcher.
- Taste for sweetness, if your cantaloupe needs more sugar start adding to your pitcher 1/4 cup at a time. Tasting, and adding more sugar as needed until it’s as sweet as you’d prefer.
- When you’ve achieved your preferred level of sweetness add lime juice if desired, again this is to your preference. Start with half a lime and add more as needed.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut