I like my tea like I like my men
…A lot of different ways. (But this one’s my favorite)
This tea is full-bodied and perfectly sweet. It should be very dark when finished steeping, and combines perfectly with a slice or two of lemon, a porch swing, and a beautiful sunny day.
- 17 cups water (the tea bags will absorb a bit of water)
- 16 single cup sized black tea bags.
- Big fan of Lipton for my sweet tea
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- In a large pot bring 1 gallon of water to a boil, and add baking soda. If you’re thinking- “Why baking soda?” It makes the tea smooooooooooth. Give it a go!
- Turn off the heat and add the tea bags. Steep for 30 minutes.
- The tea should be VERY dark and still warm, remove tea bags-do not squeeze them, and stir in the sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved, and allow tea to cool. The tea is ready to be served (and spilled) with friends. Serve over plenty of ice!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut