This creamy shrimp salad is bright, fresh, cool, and perfect for beating the heat! Try it served over a bed of chopped crunchy greens, rolled up in lettuce wraps, shrimp taco style, on a roll, or even over crackers. No matter how you serve it you’re sure to love it!
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 lbs raw or cooked shrimp (thawed, peeled, veins and tails removed)
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 avocado (diced or sliced)
- 1 jalapeno (seeds removed and minced)
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and minced)
- 1 large shallot (minced)
- 1 large rib celery (minced)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (minced)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On a baking tray toss shrimp, olive oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne. Mix together, and spread into an even layer.
- Roast 20 minutes.
- While shrimp are roasting, mix together all sauce ingredients except avocado, and stir well. Taste for seasoning, and adjust as desired.
- If you want a warm shrimp salad feel free to toss the shrimp and avocado directly into the sauce and serve. If you want a cooler salad allow the shrimp to cool slightly before stirring in the shrimp and avocado.
- This salad can totes be made the day before and kept in the fridge for a well-chilled option.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut