This is one of my favorite salads ever! It’s sweet, savory, nutty, and when paired with my french dressing has the perfect amount of tang. *chef kiss* We eat this as a side salad at home, but to serve as a main dish double everything and add a protein. Some herbed chicken breast, pan fried tofu, or even some cooked quinoa or amaranth would all pair nicely!
Sometimes I add a teaspoon of honey to the dressing for a sweeter take. Feel free to mix it up! Use your favorite dressing, try spring mix instead, add crispy prosciutto, try different cheeses, make some croutons with your favorite GF bread! All solid choices.
- 8 oz baby spinach and arugula mix
- 1 pear thinly sliced
- 3 oz shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 recipe French Dressing
- In a small dry skillet over low heat, toast pine nuts. You’ll see them start to release their natural oils. Once this happens they will brown QUICKLY. Keep an eye on them. Don’t do anything else while these are toasting or you will burn them. Learn from me!
- In a large bowl add the baby spinach and arugula mix, and shave the Parmesan on top.
- Slice the pear and add it on top of the salad.
- When the pine nuts are toasted sprinkle them on top, and pour the dressing over.
- Toss to coat everything and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut