Crunchy, sweet, sour, citrus-y, and a little spicy this slaw has it all! Feel free to adjust the measurements, and knife cuts to accommodate your own tastes! I left the apple and radish in larger bites because I’m lazy and hate cutting things into matchsticks, but if you want everything the same size you’re the boss. Want it more acidic? Add more lime or apple cider vinegar. Sweeter? Up the sugar. Need more heat? Add some red chili flakes or cayenne to the mix. Food is meant to be personal and fun to YOU, so play with it!
- 1/2 a small red cabbage (about 4-5 cups, thinly sliced)
- 2 granny smith apples (cored and thinly sliced)
- 4 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch green onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp pickled jalapeno brine
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 orange (juiced)
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black or pink pepper
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, vinegar, brine, lime juice, orange juice, salt, pepper, sugar, and chili powder. Whisk together.
- Add the cabbage, radish, onion, and apple to the bowl and toss together with your hands coating everything well.
- Let the slaw sit for 10 minutes before serving as the dressing will soften everything up.
- Taste for seasonings, and adjust as desired. Toss again just before serving and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut