Loaded with the bright fresh flavors of lemon, garlic, and oregano this Greek chicken bake is an easy weeknight dinner. Feel free to add your favorite vegetables to the marinade and bake right along side everything else. Some yellow squash, asparagus, onions, and zucchini would all be great additions to this dish!
- 8 Chicken drumsticks
- 4 Cups small yellow potatoes (quartered)
- 2 Cups cherry tomatoes
- ⅓ Cup olive oil
- ⅓ Cup white wine
- 1 head garlic (peeled)
- 2 large shallots (peeled)
- 3 lemons (zest, and juice)
- 2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- Toss the olive oil, wine, lemon juice and zest, shallots, garlic, dill, oregano, salt and pepper into a blender and blend until smooth. This is your marinade.
- Place marinade in a ziploc bag or container large enough to marinate your chicken and vegetables over night in.
- Place your chicken, potatoes, and tomatoes in the marinade and toss to coat. Marinate overnight or for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F
- Place the entire contents of your marinade in to a 9x13 baking dish. Placing the drumsticks on top of the potatoes and veggies. This forms a roasting rack of sorts and allows your chicken to cook all over, so you don't get soggy chicken skin. No one likes that- it's the worst.
- Bake uncovered for 1 to 1.5 hours or until potatoes are soft and the chicken has begun to brown. Chicken is done when it reaches 165°F.
- This bake is delicious served along side a cool refreshing salad, or marinated cucumbers. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut