Unlike most fried rice recipes which are about the perfect balance of flavors crab fried rice is all about featuring the crab! This dish, originally from Thailand, is fried rice at it’s finest. Fast, delicious, and filled with crab it’s an easy winning weeknight meal.
Crab a little pricey right now? Canned tuna would also work surprisingly well here!
- 12 oz crab meat
- 4 eggs
- 6 cups day old cooked rice
- 2 Tbsp avocado or vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp ginger (grated or minced)
- 2 Tbsp GF soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp garlic chili paste (sambal)
- 1 Tbsp mirin or sake
- 1 bunch green onions (greens and whites sliced)
- 2 tsp white pepper
- limes (for serving)
- Prep your ingredients. In a small bowl or mug combine eggs, GF soy sauce, fish sauce, mirin, garlic chili paste, white pepper and scramble well.
- In a wok or large nonstick skillet over med-high heat add 2 Tbsp oil and the garlic, green onion, and ginger. Saute for 3-4 minutes or just until the garlic begins to lightly brown, add the crab meat and saute 2 minutes longer.
- Add the rice to the pan and try to break the rice into small clumps. Allow the rice to slightly warm through about 3 to 5 minutes. Cold rice is challenging to break up so don't sweat it too hard, adding the egg mixture will loosen everything up completely.
- Turn your heat to high, and pour in the egg mixture working through until all rice is coated. Cook for 5 minutes moving constantly or until the egg is completely cooked (you won't see any clear egg whites). Stir well and enjoy with a squeeze of lime and more chili paste!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut