Made in rice cooker or on the stove top the perfect flavors of summer collide in this coconut lime rice. It’s a great side dish for kebabs, grilled meats, and curries. Coconut milk absorbs quicker than water so you’ll want to keep a close eye on this rice if making it on the stove top!
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- Preheat an oven to 400°F
- Toast for five minutes or until the coconut is golden brown.
- While the coconut is toasting wash the rice until the water runs clear. When the coconut is toasted remove from the oven and set side.
- In a pot over medium-heat or in a rice cooker combine the washed rice, coconut milk, ¼ cup of the toasted coconut, sugar, and water. Stir well. To measure the water press your index finger lightly to the top of the rice and fill until the water reaches the first line or joint on your finger.
- If using a rice cooker close the lid and allow it to do all the work! It should take roughly 25 to 30 minutes.
- If using the stove top method allow the water to come to a boil and the reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the water and coconut milk are absorbed and the rice is cooked and fluffy.
- Plate your rice and top with the remaining toasted coconut, and squeeze the limes over top. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut