One of my favorite parts of summer are all the fresh grown vegetables! There’s no better time to make these vegetable kebabs than while the sun is bright, shining, and feeding all that delicious produce. Since we’re not using meat in this recipe I’ve used butternut squash as a grill friendly and filling alternative.
I marinade these for at least two hours prior to grilling and up to overnight. Since you’re only marinating vegetables feel free to reuse the marinade for up to a week! Sometimes I’ll make extra chopped veggies and leave them in the marinade to snack on all week. It’s so good and a great way to make boring vegetables an interesting snack!
- 1 large red onion
- 1 small butternut squash
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 2 bell peppers (I used red and orange)
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz mushrooms
- 1 cup vegetable oil (I used avocado)
- 1 cup GF soy sauce (*or coconut aminos)
- ¾ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce (Double check yours is GF)
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- ½ cup whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- In a large bowl or bag mix together the oil, GF soy sauce, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, mustard, steak seasoning, black pepper, cayenne, and parsley. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- Wash and prepare all your vegetables. Chop and slice them into bite sized pieces. When the vegetables are ready place them in the bowl or bag with the marinade and coat them well.
- Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight in the fridge. If using wooden skewers soak them in water for at least 1 hour prior to grilling.
- When ready, skewer your vegetables and set your grill to high (around 400° F). Grill your kebabs for 6 minutes on each side or until the butternut squash is soft and the vegetables are as dark and soft as you prefer. We serve these kebabs with rice pilaf or beans. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut