Using a smoker makes even the most coveted cuts of steak even better! No smoker? No problem! Just set your grill to high (around 450 degrees F.) and follow the recipe as is.
You can also make this butter in bulk ahead of time and store it in the freezer tightly wrapped for up to 6 months!
- 4 10 oz Ribeye steaks
- 4 Tbsp butter (softened)
- 2 tsp chopped chipotle en adobo
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp your favorite steak seasoning (I like Jack Daniels Seasoning )
- Heat your smoker or grill to 450°F.
- In a small bowl mash together the butter and chipotle en adobo. You can also grind this together in a food processor if that's your style! Divide into 4 portions and set aside.
- On a large plate or in a bowl place the steaks and add the vegetable oil and steak seasoning. massage the seasoning and oil into the steaks coating evenly on all sides.
- When your smoker or grill is ready place the steaks on the grate and cook for 4 minutes per side for medium rare or 7 minutes per side for medium.
- Flip the steaks and add the chipotle butter on top. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes longer, and remove from the smoker or grill.
- Allow the steaks to rest for 2 minutes before serving, and enjoy! We like to serve these with baked potatoes and a vegetable.
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut