With all the fires raging here in California coupled with the 100+ degree heat I wanted to make something to cool us off! This tropical shrimp ceviche is fresh, cooling, and easy. I use precooked shrimp for two reasons: To ensure the shrimp is truly cooked all the way through and to cut the waiting time from overnight to one hour. Try this ceviche on tostadas, scooped in chips, in soft tacos, or with a spoon. We serve it with lots of avocado and Valentina picante sauce. So refreshing!
- 1 lb cooked shrimp (cleaned, shells removed)
- 15 limes (juiced)
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 mango
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 shallots
- 1 habanero pepper, or two jalapenos (seeds removed)
- 2 roma tomatoes (pulp removed)
- 1 cucumber (seeds removed)
- 1 bunch cilantro (leaves only)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 avocado (*optional)
- Valentina picante sauce (*optional)
- Squeeze the limes into a large bowl, and add the pineapple juice.
- Finely chop all the remaining ingredients, except the avocado and add to the bowl with the lime and pineapple juice. Add the salt and pepper over top.
- Toss all the ingredients together coating everything in the lime and pineapple juice. Allow to marinate for one hour, and when ready to serve top with the avocado.
- Serve chilled with chips or tostadas and top with Valentina if desired. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut