This light and fresh salad provides a delicious hit of lemon and texture in every bite. By using breadcrumbs instead of croutons and shredding the Parmesan instead of shaving it the salad stays consistent throughout.
If you can’t find prepackaged baby super greens using Arugula in it’s place is a great substitute. We chose to top this salad with grilled chicken, but the simple marinade also works beautifully on salmon, and even white beans and avocado!
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 5 oz baby super greens
- 5 oz arugula
- 4 lemons
- 1 cup Shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup GF panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp salted butter (melted)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp mustard powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and if you are making the chicken to top the salad, set your grill to high. Around 400°F.
- On a baking tray combine the breadcrumbs, melted butter and ½ tsp garlic powder. Combine and spread into and even layer. Bake for 10 minutes until a deep golden brown and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the juice and zest of one lemon, the balsamic vinegar, dried parsley, remaining garlic powder, ½ tsp salt, and ½ tsp pepper. Whisk together and add the chicken breast. Coat both sides of the chicken breast and set aside.
- In a small jar with a lid or small bowl combine: the zest of one lemon, the juice of two lemons, 3 Tbsp olive oil, chili powder, mustard powder, cumin, and remaining salt and pepper. Shake or whisk together, and taste for seasoning. This is your salad dressing.
- Grill your chicken breast for 7-10 minutes per side or until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the breast has reaches 165°F. When cooked remove from the grill and allow to rest for 2 minutes, and slice.
- In a large bowl add the arugula and baby super greens. Sprinkle on the toasted breadcrumbs, and the shredded Parmesan. Mix or shake together your dressing and pour the entire contents over the salad. Mix the salad together with your hands coating everything well.
- Plate your dressed salad and top with the sliced chicken breast. Squeeze the remaining lemon over top and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut