If you have it try adding 2 tablespoons of brandy or cognac to the cranberry sauce while it cooks. It really adds that little something you can’t quite put your finger on. You could also use a fruity red wine instead of the water for a fun and delicious mulled wine vibe!
- 12 oz fresh cranberries
- 1 orange (juice and zest)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water (*can sub red wine)
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground clove
- 2 Tbsp cognac or brandy (*optional)
- In a pan over medium low heat add the cranberries, sugar and water. Allow the sugar to dissolve.
- When the sugar has dissolved stir in the juice and zest from the orange and all remaining ingredients. Add the brandy or cognac now if using.
- Stir well, and simmer gently until the cranberries soften and begin to burst and the sauce thickens. You can gently mash the cranberries with the back of a spoon or fork if desired.
- Pour into a serving dish and allow to cool. The sauce will thicken and gel slightly. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut