A classic and simple mashed potato recipe perfect alone or loaded with gravy!
- 3 lbs russet potatoes (peeled, and washed)
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup half and half (or heavy cream)
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- Peel and wash your potatoes, and cut into bite sized pieces. Place the potatoes into a pot.
- Fill the pot of potatoes with water and bring to a boil. To the boiling water add a tablespoon of salt.
- Boil until the potatoes are soft and are easily pierced with a fork, or about 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are soft drain them and place them into a bowl for mashing. If you have a kitchen aid mixer you can easily mash potatoes with the paddle attachment. If you don't, a potato masher, hand mixer, or even a large fork can do the job!
- Cut the butter into eight pieces and begin mashing into the potatoes. When all the butter has been added pour in the half and half and mash in.
- When the potatoes are as smooth and creamy as you like add the black pepper and additional salt to taste. Stir to combine and enjoy while hot!
- (If you want them to look like the picture just spread the mashed potatoes around in the serving dish with a spoon and top while hot with a couple extra tablespoons of butter. Sprinkle with some finely chopped parsley and you're done!)
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut