This recipe uses a standard precooked ham that only needs warmed through to be safe to serve. Usually that’s about 20 minutes per pound at 350 degrees F.
If you want to use a raw ham be sure to follow the cooking instructions on the ham you’ve purchased and that it reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees F before serving.
- 5 lb bone-in precooked ham
- 16 oz pre-made caramel dip (I used Marzetti Classic)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground clove (*optional)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (*optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Pat your ham dry and place cut side down in roasting dish or a baking dish with high sides.
- When the oven is preheated bake your ham for 20 minutes per pound uncovered.
- When your ham has cooked for the recommended amount of time remove the ham from the oven and turn on your oven's broiler (500°F)
- In a small microwave safe dish place the caramel dip, clove, cayenne, and salt. Microwave at 30 second intervals until the caramel is soft and able to be easily spread.
- Take your soft seasoned caramel and, using a spoon or a butter knife, spread the caramel along the outside of the ham covering it completely.
- When the broiler is ready place your ham back into the oven and broil to achieve a crispy glaze over your ham. This will take 10-20 minutes. Keep and eye on your ham as not to burn it!
- When the glaze is as crispy as you'd prefer turn off the broiler and remove the ham from the oven. Slice and serve hot. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut