A holiday classic done gluten free! By using Pacific brand gluten free cream of mushroom soup and making our own french fried onions we keep all the nostalgia of the classic without the worry of gluten.
- 60 oz french style canned green beans
- 10.5 oz Pacific brand cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 3 shallots (sliced)
- ½ cup cup for cup GF flour
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- oil for frying
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Peel and thinly slice your shallots. Let your shallots soak in the milk for 5 minutes, drain, and coat in the flour.
- Fill a shallow frying pan with an inch of a high heat oil of your choice. Canola or vegetable would be a good choice here.
- Place the pan over medium high heat and when the oil begins to shimmer test a shallot. It should begin to fry immediately. If it does add the remaining shallots.
- Fry the shallots to a golden brown, or about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel.
- Reserve ¾ cup of canning liquid from the green beans and drain the rest.
- Add the drained green beans, reserved liquid, cream of mushroom soup, almonds, salt, and pepper to the baking dish and stir well to combine. Taste for salt and pepper, and adjust as desired. Top with the french fried onions and cover with foil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the casserole is hot. Serve warm and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut