These cherry tomatoes are slow roasted in olive oil and served smeared over a toasted baguette, cracker, or even over your favorite grilled protein! Be sure to strain the olive oil through a cheese cloth and store in the fridge for up to two weeks to enhance the flavor of other dishes!
- 32 oz cherry tomatoes
- 6 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 shallot (peeled and sliced)
- 12 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 250°F
- In an oven safe baking dish place the sliced shallots and garlic cloves. Lay the cherry tomatoes over top on a single layer. Do not allow the tomatoes to overlap.
- Place the thyme on top of the tomatoes and pour over the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- When your oven is preheated slow roast the tomatoes, uncovered, for 2.5 hours.
- When done the tomatoes should look slightly wrinkled and have cracks in the skin. Allow to cool slightly or to room temp before serving. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut