Growing up in Texas I assumed breakfast tacos were a thing everywhere, but as soon as I got married and we moved around the U.S. I quickly discovered it wasn’t the case! Breakfast tacos are a staple in Texas so these bacon and egg tacos are only one small glimpse into a VERY wide reaching selection. Stuff these bad boys with whatever you want. Bean and bacon, bean and brisket, or bean and polish sausage are my favs!
(I have a thing for refried beans)
A great time saving tip is to cook up a package of bacon ahead of time, crumble it, and save the bacon fat. Then in the morning simply use a small portion of the bacon fat to cook the eggs and add some of the crumbled bacon back into the eggs make the morning rush a bit easier.
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 strips of bacon
- 1 gluten free tortilla (I like mission brand)
- salt and pepper to taste
- salsa of your choice (*optional)
- In a small pan over medium heat cook your bacon and leave it whole or crumble it. Set aside
- In a small dish or a mug whisk your eggs together until smooth.
- In the same pan with the bacon fat add your whisked eggs and cook over medium heat stirring gently until fully cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm your tortilla in a dry skillet over medium high heat, or if you have a gas stove over the flame of a burner.
- Place the cooked eggs and bacon into the tortilla and top with your favorite salsa. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut