This easy and flavorful chicken Caesar salad uses simple ingredients and easy techniques to bring a little pizzazz to the standard salad fare.
- 1 lb thinly sliced chicken breast
- 6 oz shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup gluten free panko bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp Goya Adobo seasoning
- 24 oz romaine lettuce (washed and chopped)
- ½ to 1 cup Caesar dressing of your choice (I usually portion 2-4 Tbsp of dressing per person)
- ground black pepper to taste
- In a bowl or shallow baking dish scramble together the egg and 2 teaspoons of adobo seasoning. Mix well. Place 4 oz of the shredded parmesan cheese onto a large plate and set aside.
- Begin heating up a nonstick skillet or pan over med-high heat.
- Dip both sides of your thinly sliced chicken breast into the egg mixture and then into the parmesan. The chicken should be well coated in the cheese on all sides. Season the chicken with remaining adobo.
- Place your coated chicken into your heated skillet and cook for roughly 7 minutes per side or until the cheese has become golden brown and crispy and the chicken has reached and internal temperature of 165°F.
- When the chicken is cooked slice into strips and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together your chopped romaine lettuce, panko bread crumbs, remaining parmesan, salad dressing, and ground black pepper (I use around 2 tsp of pepper, but I LOVE a peppery salad!) toss well ensuring everything is well coated.
- Divide the salad into 4 portions and top with the sliced parmesan chicken. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut