This easy seafood dinner is fast, healthy, and incredibly delicious! Serve it over pasta or your favorite roasted veggie for a complete meal. The homemade marinara will impress your friends and family and when they ask for the recipe you absolutely won’t give it to them, and instead should totally say “oh this? I just threw it together!”, but we’ll know where you really got it.
I can keep a secret lol.
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes (preferably san marzano)
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup clam juice
- 7 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1 lemon
- 2 ribs celery (minced)
- 1 medium carrot (minced)
- ½ medium yellow onion (minced)
- ¾ cup fresh basil (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor or by hand finely minced your garlic, carrot, celery and onion and mix together.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add 4 Tbsp of olive oil and when the olive oil is hot add your minced vegetables. Stir well and allow to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Pour your canned tomatoes into a small bowl and crush them with your hands until they're broken up and fairly smooth.
- Pour your crushed tomatoes into your sauce pan, and add the clam juice. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stir well, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the fresh chopped basil and reduce the heat to low to allow the sauce to warm through.
- In a pan over medium high heat add one tablespoon of olive oil and when hot add your shrimp. Season the shrimp lightly with salt and pepper and squeeze half the lemon over them. Cook the shrimp until pink and firm, about 6 minutes.
- When the shrimp are cooked through add the marinara sauce to the pan with the shrimp and stir well. Squeeze the remaining lemon over the sauce and taste for salt and pepper. Adjust the seasoning as desired and enjoy hot!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut