This Japanese steakhouse style fish is the perfect balance of sweet, savory and is so easy to prepare! By marinating the fish in umami packed flavors we bring out the natural sweetness of halibut without overpowering it. Feel free to use whatever fish you have hanging around as this marinade pairs well with just about anything! You can find the prep video and a bonus recipe for the Japanese style carrot ginger dressing pictured above on my IGTV here.
- 2 lbs halibut fillets (or fish of your choice)
- 1 cup sake
- 1 Tbsp miso paste (any color works, make sure it's GF!)
- 2 Tbsp mirin (can sub equal parts sugar and water)
- 1 Tbsp GF soy sauce
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients except the sesame oil together and marinate the halibut over night.
- When ready to cook simply add your sesame oil to a skillet over medium high heat and sear the halibut for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with rice and a salad for a complete meal!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut