These BBQ stuffed baked potatoes are an easy and tasty meal idea for when you want something simple with minimal dishes! You can definitely use any meat you prefer here. I used ground turkey because it better fit into my nutritional needs, so feel free to do it up big with smoked sausage, brisket, pulled pork etc., but the ground turkey is just as tasty and healthy option too!
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- ¼ cup your favorite bbq sauce
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Optional Toppings:
- pinto beans
- green onion
- shredded cheese
- chopped red onion
- Preheat your oven to 425°F
- In a small bowl combine the 2 teaspoons of olive oil and ½ tsp of kosher salt. Prick the skin of your potatoes lightly with a fork all over and coat them with the olive oil and salt.
- Bake your potatoes directly on the middle rack in the oven for 1 ½ hours or until easily pierced with a fork and soft.
- While the potatoes are in the oven prep any toppings you'll be using.
- When the potatoes have 15 minutes of baking remaining begin preparing your turkey.
- In a skillet over medium high heat add 1 tsp of olive oil, your ground turkey, and all remaining seasonings. Brown the turkey and cook through. When the turkey is cooked stir in the ¼ cup of BBQ sauce and set aside.
- When the potatoes have finished baking gently slice them open and fluff with a fork.
- Place 1 Tbsp of butter in each potato and top with the cooked turkey and any additional toppings you're feelin'! Enjoy hot!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut