This crisp and easy Middle Eastern salad comes from Iran and is a delicious and refreshing mix of cucumber, tomato, onion, fresh herbs and acid. Try it next to a well seasoned protein or as an addition to a rice bowl for a light and satisfying meal.
- 1 english cucumber (finely chopped)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sumac (*optional)
- Finely chop all of your ingredients, and mix together. Squeeze the lemon juice over, and add the salt, pepper, and olive oil. Sprinkle the sumac over and mix the salad up.
- Allow the salad to hang out in the fridge for one hour minimum, but overnight is best.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut