These fresh vibrant flavors bring to mind the fun in the sun of the tropics. I roll these into tacos, but feel free to serve it over a heap of greens as a filling salad or serve it as is with a side of black beans for an easy complete meal!
If you’d like to see how this meal is prepped you can peep my IGTV here.
- 2 lbs shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 lime (zest only)
- 1 orange (zest only)
- 2 bunches cilantro
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil (or neutral oil of your choice)
- ½ red onion
- 10 cloves garlic
- 14 oz shredded coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup mayo
- 1 large mango (peeled and chopped)
- 1 bunch green onion (sliced thin)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- The Night Before Dinner:
- Finely chop ¼ of a red onion and the leaves from one bunch of cilantro. Add to a large bowl. To the same bowl add the shredded coleslaw mix, mayo, honey, celery seed, and key lime juice. Stir well to coat.
- When the coleslaw as been mixed add in the chopped mango, sliced green onion, cayenne pepper, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp pepper. Mix again, taste, and adjust as desired. Cover and place in the fridge.
- Trim your remaining cilantro of the brown tips of the stems and discard them. Roughly chop the cilantro -including the stems and add to a food processor. To the processor also add ¼ of your red onion, garlic cloves, avocado oil, ½ tsp salt and 1 tsp ground black pepper. Grind to a paste.
- In a ziplock bag or bowl combine the Cilantro and onion paste, shrimp, lime zest, and orange zest. Mix well to completely coat the shrimp and cover. Place in the fridge overnight or until ready to cook.
- When Ready To Cook:
- Heat a large pan over medium high heat and when hot add the shrimp. There's no need to add any additional oil to the pan since the marinade already contains it.
- Cook your shrimp stirring occasionally until bright pink and firm. About 7 minutes.
- Give your coleslaw a good stir and serve together as desired. Enjoy!
- *If you're making tacos use the liquid from the coleslaw as a topper for extra flavor!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut