These honey blackberry baguettes are an elegant and romantic appetizer bursting with complex flavors. The tangy goat cheese and creamy ricotta melt into the soft sweet blackberries – the warm crunchy toasted baguette slices in perfect harmony with the herbaceous thyme leaves and honey. Fresh crack black pepper adds relief from sweetness with just the right bite. Truly a magnificent way to start a meal or a beautiful pairing with a cocktail filled with bubbles.
- 4 oz ricotta
- 2 oz creamy goat cheese
- 1 gluten free baguette (I like Schar brand)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint blackberries
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Slice your baguette into ½ inch thick slices and place onto a baking tray. Brush each slice lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes or until crusty and toasted.
- While the baguettes toast- cream together the goat cheese and ricotta until smooth. This can be done by hand, in a food processor, or stand mixer with the whip attachment. If desired slice your blackberries in half.
- When the baguette slices are toasted remove them from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Smear the ricotta goat cheese mixture over each slice and top with blackberries and thyme leaves. Drizzle over the honey and then sprinkle on the cracked black pepper.
- Place on a serving tray and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut