This dessert comes from the Limousin region of France and is a cross between a cake and custard. It’s rich, smooth, full of warm fruit flavors and easy! Clafoutis by itself isn’t a super sweet dessert so if you want to bump it further into sweet territory try it topped with fresh sweetened vanilla whipped cream or ice cream.
This is also a really delcious breakfast…just saying.
- 10 oz cherries, pits removed (can use frozen if thawed)
- 1 cup measure for measure GF flour
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp brandy or cognac
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- powdered sugar (*optional, for dusting)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F
- Grease a pie dish or 9" cake pan with 1 Tbsp butter.
- Melt 5 Tbsp butter and add to a blender or food processor along with all remaining ingredients except the cherries.
- Blend until ultra smooth. You can also mix this by hand, but it will take longer to achieve that perfectly smooth consistency.
- Pour the cherries into the bottom of the greased baking dish and pour the batter over.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool slightly before serving and dust with powdered sugar if desired. I like to top this with fresh sweet vanilla whipped cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut