These jalapeno smoked salmon bites are the perfect way to wet an appetite. Spicy cream cheese envelopes salty capers, crunchy sweet shallot, and tangy lemon juice. The smoked salmon elevates the dish – bringing with it a rich smoky flavor. Finish with a smack of dill to cover all your flavor bases and enjoy a truly addictive experience.
If you can’t find jalapeno cream cheese in your area try adding 1 Tbsp of minced pickled jalapenos and 1/4 tsp garlic powder to plain cream cheese. Should do the trick!
- 4 oz jalapeno cream cheese
- 1 Tbsp capers (finely chopped)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- 3 oz smoked salmon
- 20 GF rice crackers
- fresh dill (for garnish)
- Finely chop your shallot and capers and add to a small bowl. Add your jalapeno cream cheese and squeeze in the lemon juice. Mix well until smooth
- At this point you can add your cream cheese mixture to a piping bag and pipe out the filling onto the rice crackers or you can smear it on and call it a day. Your call boss!
- Top the cream cheese and crackers with as much or as little smoked salmon as you'd like and finish with a sprig of dill. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut