A wedge salad when done right is one of the easiest and most satisfying salads around. Creamy bleu cheese dressing seeps into every nook and crevice, and green onion adds a fresh burst of flavor. Sweet tomatoes and salty bacon unite over crunchy lettuce to make a party in your mouth! How could anyone say no? I’ve used my own green onion bleu cheese dressing for this, but if it isn’t your thing don’t sweat it. Ranch dressing pairs just as well!
- 3 oz bleu cheese
- 1 bunch green onions (trimmed of roots)
- ½ lemon (juiced)
- 4 slices bacon (chopped)
- 3 Tbsp sour cream
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- In a small pan over medium low heat add your chopped bacon and cook until it reaches your preferred level of crispness. When bacon is done remove from the pan and drain on a paper towel.
- While the bacon cooks- in a food processor or blender combine 2 oz of bleu cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, 4 green onions, salt, pepper, and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the outer leaves of your iceberg lettuce and cut into 4 wedges. You'll only be using two wedges for this recipe. Slice off the hard core from the bottom and give your lettuce a good rinse and pat dry.
- Quarter your cherry tomatoes, and thinly slice the remaining green onion.
- To assemble place each wedge on a plate and pour half the dressing over each. Crumble over any remaining bleu cheese, the cooked bacon, tomatoes, and green onion. Dig in and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut