This olive tapenade uses crispy fried garlic, rosemary and miso in place of traditional anchovies to bring you an umami rich vegan friendly starter. Special enough for both important occasions and easy enough for everyday this tapenade will keep you coming back for more. Try it smeared on your favorite toasted gluten free bread (I used Schar baguettes) or a veggie of your choice tonight!
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup castelvetrano olives (pits removed)
- 2/3 cup kalamata olives (pits removed)
- 8 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp miso paste
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh Italian parsley
- In a small pan over low heat add the olive oil and sliced garlic. Cook until the garlic becomes golden in color and then add the fresh rosemary. Simmer until wilted (about 45 seconds.)
- When the garlic and rosemary are cooked remove from the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a food processor add the castelvetrano and kalamata olives, the entire contents of your crispy garlic and rosemary pan (yes we want the oil too!), ground black pepper, and parsley. Blend until a paste has begun to form.
- If you don't have a food processor you can totally mince everything super finely by hand and stir together.
- To the paste add the miso and process again until the miso is completely incorporated.
- Spread this tapenade over your favorite toasted bread, cracker, or even veggies and if desired you can garnish with some finely chopped parsley and red pepper flakes. Not a must, but makes it look extra fancy. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut