This romantic bread pudding brings together caramel notes from the baked white chocolate chips intertwined with fresh and juicy red raspberries. A luscious custardy base is formed between the soft chunks of bread in the oven just begging for a drizzle of heavy cream or ice cream to melt over. If you want to add bit of fun in your dessert try blending the raspberries into the milk and cream. It’ll turn the whole thing a beautiful shade of pink that’s just perfect for Valentine’s Day!
- 12 slices Canyon Bakehouse mountain white bread (torn or cut)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp butter (melted)
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 6 oz raspberries (torn in half)
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Cut or tear your bread into bite sized pieces and place in a 8x8 baking tray.
- In a bowl combine the milk, eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, salt, and melted butter. Whisk well until smooth. This is your custard base.
- Pour the custard base over your torn bread into the baking dish and sprinkle over the white chocolate chips and raspberries. Mix well with your hands so everything is coated and allow to rest on the counter for 1 hour. This gives your bread time to soften and allows the custard time to seep in and gets everything extra delicious.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F
- Bake the bread pudding for 45-55 minutes or until the custard is set and a knife comes out mostly clean.
- Serve hot or chilled and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut