This velvety smooth and savory spiced parsnip soup uses parsnips, coconut cream, and curry powder to bring a creamy satisfying flavor that’s vegan to boot! Did you like my rhyme? Eh? Eh? No?
Cool cool cool cool cool. No it’s fine i’m fine, seriously.
- 1 lb parsnips (peeled and chopped)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 13.5 oz can coconut cream (refrigerated)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 sweet onion (chopped)
- 1 head garlic cloves (peeled and whole)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary (chopped)
- ½ tsp salt (plus more for sprinkling)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper (plus more for sprinkling)
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts (plus more for garnish, optional)
- In a small pan over low heat add your chopped hazelnuts and toast until golden brown in color. When toasted remove from heat and set aside.
- To a small pot over medium high heat add the olive oil and chopped onion. Add a pinch (about an 1/8 tsp each) of salt and pepper over the onion and stir. Cook until the onions are soft and beginning to brown.
- When the onions are ready add the chopped parsnips, rosemary, toasted hazelnuts, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and only the thick cream from the coconut cream. We don't want the water at the bottom of the can. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Boil until the coconut cream has melted and the parsnips are fork tender.
- When the parsnips are soft blend the soup until smooth either using an immersion or stand blender. If you're using a stand blender remember to vent the lid so heat can escape from the blender!
- When smooth stir in the curry powder. Serve garnished with extra hazelnuts, rosemary, and curry powder if desired. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut