Fragrant and savory mushrooms pack a punch of deep rich umami flavor. These crispy rosemary mushrooms are not only packed with natural plant based protein, but are salty and crispy around the edges with just a hint of browned buttery flavor to round it all out and to help to carry the rosemary through the dish. They’re the perfect side dish to basically everything!
Feel free to make them your own! Garlic? Yum! Balsamic? Love! Crushed Red Pepper? Absolutely yes yes yes!
- 48 oz baby bella mushrooms (remember they shrink A LOT when cooked!)
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp butter
- After giving your mushrooms a good rinse trim the hard ends off of the stems and quarter.
- In a large pan or pot over medium high heat add the olive oil and butter. Allow the butter to melt and when melted add the mushrooms.
- Don't move the mushrooms in the pan until they start to release some of their water. Once they start to sweat give them a good stir and allow them to sit until they are reduced in size and almost all of the water has evaporated.
- When the liquid has evaporated season them with the salt, pepper, and rosemary and stir well. Allow the mushrooms to cook until they begin to turn a deep golden brown on the sides and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut