These green beans are spicy garlicky and full of flavor from the char achieved from the high heat and long sear time. Serve them hot or cold for a delicious and healthy side dish!
- 2 lbs green beans (trimmed)
- 2 Tbsp neutral high heat oil (I like avocado)
- 1 head garlic cloves (sliced)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp sambal oelek
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp onion powder
- In a large pan or wok over high heat add the oil of your choice.
- Add the sliced garlic and stir. Allow the garlic to become golden brown and remove from the pan. Set aside.
- Add the green beans to the pan and coat in the oil, add the kosher salt and stir again. Allow the green beans to char stirring occasionally. They should begin to wrinkle slightly, but don't stress if they don't. You just want them to be soft and blistered on the sides.
- When the green beans are cooked reduce the heat to low and add the sambal, onion powder, sesame seeds, and sugar. Stir to coat and warm the sauce slightly. Top with the reserved garlic chips and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut