A favorite dish for St. Patrick’s day this corned beef and cabbage keeps things simple, easy and delicious! The vegetables here are traditional, but as always you’re welcome to ad and remove the things you love.
Try roughly mashing the cooked potatoes with lots of butter, salt, and parsley for an extra special treat!
- 3 lb corned beef brisket (with seasoning packet)
- 1.5 lb baby yellow potatoes
- 8 carrots (peeled)
- 1 head of cabbage
- Remove the core from your cabbage and roughly chop into large chunks. The cabbage will shrink quite a bit in the slow cooker so you don't want small slices - they'll dissolve!
- Peel your carrots and slice the tops and ends off. Roughly chop the carrots into large chunks as well.
- Open your corned beef brisket and drain off the pink liquid in the package with the meat. Give your brisket a good rinse to remove that slimy feeling and place at the bottom on your slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes around the corned beef and then add the cabbage and carrots on top. Sprinkle the seasoning packet that came with your corned beef over top of the cabbage and carrots.
- Fill your slow cooker half way up with water, cover, and set to high for 8 hours.
- The corned beef is done when it can be easily shredded with a fork and the potatoes are soft. Remove the excess fat from the brisket and shred or slice. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut