These blueberry muffins are not only gluten free, but are made with oat flour instead of measure for measure which packs in tons of fiber and doesn’t leave you with any of that mealy grainy texture gluten free goods are notorious for. These muffins are not overly sweet and instead embrace the natural sweetness of the blueberries baked into every bite. They have a cake like texture, crispy edges, and just the right amount of chew to satisfy. Make these tasty and satisfying easy treats anytime of day!
- 2 cups oat flour
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (I used avocado)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ fresh blueberries
- extra blueberries and rolled oats (*for topping, optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- In a bowl sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add all the wet ingredients to the dry, mix together well, and gently stir in the blueberries.
- Line a standard sized muffin tin with muffin liners or grease your pan well and fill the cups a little over ¾th of the way full. If desired sprinkle over a couple extra blueberries and rolled oats to garnish the tops of the muffins.
- When your oven has preheated bake the muffins for 30 minutes or until the tops have browned slightly around the edges and a knife comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool completely before removing from the pan and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut