This light and fresh dessert is basically the boozy adult version of a snow cone all your friends will love! By using grapefruit juice and sparking rosé wine we end up with a slightly tart, refreshingly cool, and perfectly sweet dessert to enjoy in the warm rays of this perfect spring weather!
Btw you can TOTALLY use bottled grapefruit juice, I mean if you want to hand squeeze all those grapefruits be my guest, but if you don’t we rock with a bottle of Simply Grapefruit here.
- 3 cups grapefruit juice
- 2 cups sparkling rosé
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime zest (*optional for garnish)
- Dissolve 1 cup of sugar into 1 cup warm water completely and pour into a 9x13 freezer safe dish. I use a metal baking dish for this.
- Pour the grapefruit juice and wine into the dish and give everything a good stir.
- Place the entire tray into the freezer for 8 hours or until completely frozen.
- When ready to serve use a fork to scrape the granita into shavings and serve cold garnished with lime zest if desired. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut