Creamy, cheesy, zesty pasta. This dish is a crowd pleasing mouth full of comfort. Feel free to play with the vegetables to better suit your family’s tastes and you could totes leaves out the chicken to make a delicious and vegetarian friendly meal!
- 1.5 lb chicken breast
- 12 oz GF fettuccini
- 1.5 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- 1 head garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 egg yolks
- 13.5 oz can artichoke hearts, drained (*optional)
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (*optional)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- The Night Before Dinner:
- In a small bowl combine the ricotta cheese, chopped garlic cloves, egg yolks, lemon zest, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground black pepper and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine, cover, and set aside. Reserve your zested lemons.
- In a separate small bowl add the chicken breast, olive oil, garlic powder, 1 tsp kosher salt, 1 tsp ground black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Toss to coat the chicken in the oil and spices and cover. Place the bowls of ricotta and chicken in the fridge overnight.
- When Ready To Cook:
- In a large pan over medium high heat cook your chicken breast for approximately 7-9 minutes on both sides or until the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F and no pink remains. There's no need to add additional oil to the pan since the chicken is already coated in olive oil.
- While the chicken cooks bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and set aside. Add the spinach and cherry tomatoes to the pan and cook until the spinach is wilted and the tomatoes have begun to wrinkle.
- When your water is boiling begin cooking your pasta according to package directions.
- When the spinach and tomatoes are ready add your ricotta mixture to the pan and reduce the heat to medium low. Add the drained artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice. Stir well and allow to simmer. Slice your chicken breast and add to the pan.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain, and add the pasta directly to the skillet. Stir well to coat the pasta and enjoy hot!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut