The T.G.I.O or the “thank God it’s over” is titled simply as a sweet homage to leaving 2020 in the dust.
This drink uses chocolate rimmed champagne flutes rolled in sugar, a sparkling rosé of your choice, cherry puree, and whipped cream to wave goodbye to that crazy year with a delightful buzz!
- 750 ml bottle of sparkling rosé of your choice (chilled)
- ½ cup cherries (frozen or fresh, pits and stems removed)
- ¼ cup chocolate of your choice (white chocolate is tasty here too!)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- whipped cream
- Place your chocolate chips into a microwave safe dish and microwave on 30 second intervals until melted. Make sure your glass can fit into whatever you've melted the chocolate in!
- Once melted place the rim of your glass into the melted chocolate and swirl lightly around to coat the rim well.
- Place the granulated sugar onto a plate and lightly tap the edge and sides of the glass into the sugar. It should stick to the warm chocolate.
- In a blender or food processor puree your cherries until smooth.
- In the bottom of four champagne glasses place 2 teaspoons of cherry puree and fill the glass with the rosé 3/4th of the way to the top. Pour slowly as the wine will bubble up!
- Top the drink with a whipped cream of your choice and enjoy cold!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut