This dish originates in Ireland and is an easy way to sneak some delicious veggies into dinner. Coming together in just 30 minutes it’s the perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s day!
- 1 ½ lbs yellow potatoes
- ½ head green cabbage (about 4 cups, chopped)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper (chopped finely)
- 3 Tbsp chives
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup milk (any fat %)
- Cut your potatoes into bite sized pieces and boil until tender. They should be able to be easily pricked with a fork.
- When potatoes have cooked drain the water, and mash the potatoes with 1 cup of milk. Set aside.
- Using the same pot you boiled the potatoes in melt all of the butter over high heat and add the chopped cabbage, chives, salt, and pepper. Fry the cabbage until it browns around the edges and becomes soft.
- When the cabbage is ready add the mashed potatoes to the pot and stir well. Taste for salt and adjust as desired. Serve hot and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut