This Italian beef has been a favorite in my family for years and years. The original recipe, although delicious, is LOADED with gluten, so I’ve adapted this recipe to make it gluten free while still keeping all the flavor of the classic.
Serve this tender shredded beef piled high in your favorite gluten free roll. I used Schar baguettes and they worked beautifully!
- 3 lbs beef rump roast (sliced in half)
- 32 oz sliced pepperoncini peppers w/ juice
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 bell peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp celery seed
- 1 Tbsp Italian herbs seasoning
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- In a slow cooker place your chopped bell peppers and add your halved rump roast over top.
- Add all remaining ingredients, stir, and cover.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or until the beef is cooked and easily shredded with a fork.
- Serve hot in your favorite gluten free roll loaded with the juice from the meat for an unbelievably delicious sandwich!
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to see it!@FlavorSlut #FlavorSlut @flavorslutofficial #FlavorSlut http://facebook.com/flavorslut